Disability Support Practitioners – individuals and organisations
We offer a wide range of courses to a wide range of audiences. We can also customise training to an organisations training needs. We are specialists in Cerebral Palsy and other disabilities and our courses reflect this, offering training solutions in a wide range of areas.
As leaders in disability training, we offer a wide range of nationally recognised qualifications and specialist courses to support and develop a confident and capable workforce in disability. We deliver short courses for induction, health science training as well as programs to support disability support practitioners and allied health professionals throughout their careers. We offer nationally recognised qualifications for individuals seeking work or new to the disability sector as well as for more experienced practitioners.
Training Alliance understands these pressures. We offer:
- an understanding of funding opportunities
- cost effective, high quality online learning options including a library of courses, webinars and online resources
- blended learning which is a high quality, time and cost effective option, incorporating best practice of face to face training for practical skill development
- solutions to cut down on administration
Training Alliance offer group training and customise to your organisation.
We are aware of tight training budgets and try to offer local training when possible, as well as online options such as online learning, webinars and mentoring.
To deliver face to face training we may need to charge travel costs depending on your location. No travel costs are charged within the greater Sydney area.
Training Alliance run skills recognition programs to assess your skills which can then contribute to a nationally recognised qualification in disability. You can register your interest and we will advise you of the next date.
Managers and corporate support
Our programs and courses range from coaching and leadership skills through to more specific training around understanding more about disability and leading teams.
Contact us if you have stepped up to the next challenge in your career.
People with a disability
We offer a range of qualifications and specialist courses to people with a disability including nationally recognised training in preparation for a work or life goal. These are delivered in a small supportive group environment with facilitators experienced in working with people with a disability.
Allied Health professionals
Allied health professionals and students require the most up to date, evidence based research and practice. We offer:
- Specialised short courses
- Award winning online learning
- Nationally recognised training in Certificate in Allied Health Assistance.
We support those new to the disability sector as well as professional development for those who are experienced.
Please check the Allied Health section of our website
Disability Dynamic is used in Australian universities in their allied health faculties to prepare students for placements as well as understand person-centred care, multi-disciplinary care. Case studies include age stages and several disabilities.
The video rich course is also a great refresher or education about working in the disability sector for experienced professionals.
Disability Dynamic can be purchased individually via our website or for a larger group through a cost effective multi user and multiyear licence.
It is regularly updated to incorporate best practice, legislation and industry knowledge.
Education and community
We can provide a half day face to face manual handling incorporating practical hands on learning. We can also offer an online training program for refreshers or a blended option with online theory and 2 hour practical.
In early 2016 we will have available an online program:
- ‘Disability: A better understanding’ which is a great introduction for new entrants to disability. It will enhance awareness and knowledge of how disability impacts the lives of individuals living with a disability and to provide strategies for interacting with people with a disability to support inclusion and participation.
- We also offer a half day face to face program Cerebral Palsy a better understanding
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance offer a school based program – just like you
- We can customise all of our programs to meet your training needs
Yes – all of our training including online is regularly updated.
Cerebral Palsy Alliance Staff
Go to the Staff portal area of the Training Alliance website
The booklet – Cerebral Palsy Alliance Training Guide provides you with this information for your job role. You should discuss the requirements with your manager and book your training through the course information and register link on the Training Alliance website